Volvospeed Forums

The Best Dye For The Faded Gray Trim

I've searched around the Board trying to find which dyes or paints work the best for making the trim look darker. I want to get the trim pretty much black. I've seen people use Forever Black......some say it works well, but I'm not really sure to what extent it works. I was going to try that and if I didn't get the results I wanted I planned on painting the trim black, but I would rather try dying it first. Could people post some pics on results they had with forever black and their opinions on it or other products that might be better.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've searched around the Board trying to find which dyes or paints work the best for making the trim look darker.  I want to get the trim pretty much black.  I've seen people use Forever Black......some say it works well, but I'm not really sure to what extent it works.  I was going to try that and if I didn't get the results I wanted I planned on painting the trim black, but I would rather try dying it first.  Could people post some pics on results they had with forever black and their opinions on it or other products that might be better.

Those are after about a year and FL sun

Theres been probably a billion threads about this topic.. forever black is probably the way to go. However, I havent heard anything about how to get the trim pieces off of the bumpers.. anyone? :blink:

I havent heard anything about how to get the trim pieces off of the bumpers.. anyone? :blink:

I'd say the best route to go there would be to mask them off, seems easier than trying to get them off the bumpers

well, if youre going to mask the bumpers off.. might as well save yourself a few bucks from ordering new clips for the broken ones when you took the trim pieces off and just mask EVERYTHING off.. maybe i'll do that.. *shrug*

well, if youre going to mask the bumpers off.. might as well save yourself a few bucks from ordering new clips for the broken ones when you took the trim pieces off and just mask EVERYTHING off.. maybe i'll do that.. *shrug*

No, you should remove the door panel trim pieces. This allows you to fully clean the trim pieces, as well as the door panel behind the trim peice. If done correctly, none of the clips will break when you remove them (none of mine broke). Behind my trim was years worth of built up dirt and grime and I am glad that I took the trim pieces off. Also, removing the trim pieces takes much less time than masking around them.

Wussies. I did it on the car and did not mask off crap. Just wash any over zelous moves off with a wash cloth. If your clear coat is good no worries. If your clear coat is not good, maybe you should not be worried about your trim. LOL I said trim

Wussies.  I did it on the car and did not mask off crap.  Just wash any over zelous moves off with a wash cloth.  If your clear coat is good no worries.  If your clear coat is not good, maybe you should not be worried about your trim.  LOL I said trim

drunk punchy admin?

I used

kiwi_premiere_shine.jpg

Kiwi Premium Wax Formula

as described here:

http://www.whores/forums/showthread.php?t=290

overall im happy with it, but when I was doing it I missed a spot and it didnt come out very even in the back, im gonna give it another coat in summer, you can see where it sorta dripped down in the back, dosnt look too bad though

p10103569ko7nq.jpg

But as you can see in this close up shot, it came out nice an even and look pretty Darn good, better then I though a show polish would ever be for my car.

p10103628dz.jpg

i did the FB a bit today, and wow @ the difference. i've only done the back bumper and the back door handles but it looks amazing compared to how faded it was before.

although, i did manage to spill half of the bottle on my driveway when the wind blew it off my roof :(

Archived